Saturday 1 December 2012

Starbucks and Its Espresso Roast.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Apparently this new, or rather old actually, hobby hasn't yet I revealed to my audiences here. After 2 years wondering where my seated ego should land for recreation, finally the popular cafe everyone always longs for comes with blissfulness to offer.
STARBUCKS.
As for simple middle-high socioeconomic class socialites, this is the cafe that offers life; as I mentioned, relaxation. Have you ever thought what this coffee shop can create but offer? Well, that's a lot, depends on how you optimize the resources.

I'm not gonna talk about how I at first use this comfortable zone to study because of atmosphere it provides. I'm not gonna say how some of my friends and I shared some deep stories here. Not either I'd tell that I've ever had a debate practice here. Oops, I've just told you all 'em. But still, it's not the best part of this post.

Friendly gesture and sociable Barista, those exactly
fit to what I need: new excitement of life. As you know I'm pretty much easily to get bored. I also hate to keep trying to fit into my surroundings in campus which they are exactly what I hate most. Mostly important, I need inspiration, new and intriguing. Where else can I get 'em if I don't get to know to new people?

However, let's put aside about personal interviews I've been planning to have. One thing that I can't resist is always about knowledge. And here, what else other than coffee can provide me my daily desire? Not only the caffeine has got me addicted, but also the history and story behind its process. To make it brief, and since I'm not yet knowledgeable enough, it's just a little story about Starbucks Espresso Roast. But don't worry reader, you know how much I'm craving for information and how fast learner I am. Soon I'll surely have another post about the complete world.

So yeah, what we usually buy in Starbucks other than Frappucino Beverages are the espresso ones, made of Starbucks Espresso Roast by using the Espresso machine. It is the one of most common to be made into various beverages because of  its coffee's characteristics that it has a dense, caramel-like sweetness with a soft acidity. You see these characteristics are very suitable to be turned into our many well-tasteful beverages, which according to me are mostly sweet.
I was explained that if a coffee's characteristic is sweet, then it's good to add sugar; or if it's nutty, then have a nutty food to be friends with your beverages, the taste will match each other. No harm to coffee originality; because if the taste of food doesn't match the taste of coffee, it will jeopardize the coffee's originality of taste.

In its espresso roast, Starbucks uses only finest arabica beans in the coffee-beans combination; unlike other cafes that usually use low-grade robusta beans. This kind of coffee beans has a little spicy flavour if you smell them. To make a caffe latte, we can add steamed milk; or we can simply add hot water to create a simple Americano coffee. FYI, steamed milk is sweet already (despite made of tasteless original milk), so that you don't need to add sugar to make the coffee sweet.

Did I say about combination above? well, should you know this kind of coffee consists of coffee beans from many regions. Said before there is arabica beans, but the spicy taste comes from coffee beans planted and grown in one of Indonesia's islands, Sumatra. Baristas call it as Sumatra Coffee. We here see that actually Starbucks also has helped many farmers in Sumatra to survive by having their coffee beans distributed to many of Starbucks' cafe around the world.

What else could be described about my current costly lifestyle? I do believe more, but I need to conduct more research, and also interview to our beloved baristas of Starbucks in Solo Paragon Mall. Hopefully we'll also have more pictures in the next posts.

You know you love me
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment