Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Name Is DIO

*A BIG NO! This is not the sequel of My Name Is Khan, and not related to at all*
*But it may be nice idea to make film about me*

As this blog is entitled FATE, it's good for once in while having a post related to the blog's title. Since it's pretty hard to contemplate events happened in daily life, I think it's easier to take a look to something very close to myself and has never left me since we first time met. It's my own nick name: DIO

However, this time, unlike the previous post about my name which I only talked about myself, we will also explore 2 other people's names and they are also related to me: my little brother and my little sister.

So, what's with the names?



  1. As in the old post again, Dio is the Italian word for God. Which means, my nick name is: GOD.
  2. Without even realizing the meaning of their first child's nickname they had given, when my little brother was born my parents gave his name DEWO as the nickname.
  3. DEWO is the Javanese word for God. So yeah, my little brother's nickname is the same as me: GOD
  4. When the last child was born, again my parents without realizing the meaning of my nickname, named my little sister: DIDE 
  5. DIDE is the abbreviation of: DIO & DEWO
Now we all have seen how the siblings above actually have same given name (nickname, to be accurate. My little brother and my little sister don't have their given nicknames in their full names. However, the nicknames are exactly what everyone calls them because they always introduce themselves by using the given nicknames). The names sound different only because of different languages used, but same meaning. I myself discovered the fact about 1 year ago. When I told my parents about such discovery, they were surprised.

I am sincerely baffled how come my parents named their very own son, the first offspring, without understanding the meaning of the name. And it caused somehow all of their children have same names. Unique but weird.

Accidentally? Perhaps. But I believe nothing is a mere coincident. This may have greater meaning than we people expect.

......

Sorry, the post doesn't end there. Now it's only about me. THE AUTHOR
*too much self-esteem*

Speaking of God, me with my self-pride thinks that I've been kinda becoming God-Complex for so long. I don't mean to exaggerate, but let's take an example of my superior personality: Manipulative Bastard.

I don't know since when I've been so manipulative controlling people's mind and actions according to my will. Simple examples: I can get close and become friends with anyone I want to, can make anyone I don't want to be close hesitant to talk to me, and most of all I can simply be naturally annoying to get rid of people I no longer want to be in any kind of relation.

More tangible examples.
  1. There was this freshman when I was in Canisius Science Club. I noticed him to be expert in Mathematics. However, he had never managed to bring any trophy from any Math Competitions. I observed him along with his behaviour and his psychological action, then decided that he was too much complicated-thought person. I made him to simplify his mind when he had to face math problems by giving some Math Puzzles he couldn't solve, and then I taught him. Not long afterward, he achieved 2nd Runner Up in one Math Competition. He admitted himself that he simply followed my advice to make it. (Please take note I'm not an expert at math. In fact, I always failed math exams).
  2. I gathered 3 people in high school to join science competition. 1 person was known to be one of the smartest ever in the batch, 1 person took a course in Ignatian Study Centre, and 1 other person was a friend that I knew he's very full of crazy spontaneous ideas with tons of imagination (he's smart too, though). I assisted them for the Laboratory Course Round (2nd Round), and they eventually won the tourney. Not to mention, the two of them I mentioned on the last order had never joined any competition before.
  3. The 3rd person I mentioned on number 2, he had wanted so much to enter Accounting school, but only by few words of mine within very few minutes, he changed his mind to sign up for Medical School. Back then, I had a feeling he would excel better if he could become medical doctor.
  4. Take a look at SEF which used to be dying, without achievement at all, and any Indonesian debater could barely know if there was such debating club from UNS. Now it's alive after 2 years of my attempt taking it to surface.
  5. AMSA-UNS used to be dying for 3 years, and in 2010 there was only 1 active member (the President itself) tried to survive. I don't have to speak much about this, but FYI on this August 2013 AMSA-UNS is gonna be the host of an national event, Work-Plan National Meeting.
So yeah, with full of self-esteem and self-pride, I've proven that my nickname doesn't stand for nothing but does for Omnipotence. I may have got more evidences, but don't you think above are enough saying?

Excuse me, Who Am I? What do people call me, again?
You know the answer better. And you know you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment