Tuesday 3 January 2012

"Dio"

Uhm,what's with the title? My own nickname? Yea! That's true, readers. It's exactly what I've been addressed since I was born. Wait, no, not since I was born; but since the third day after I was born (I was nameless for about 3 days, waiting my dad to name that little baby).

before went to bed last night, just googled the meaning of my nickname "Dio".
  1. "Dio" is Italian word for "God".
  2. Cassius Dio or Dio Cassius (Δίων ὁ Κάσσιος) was a Roman Consul and a noted historian writing in Greek. He published a history of Rome in 80 volumes.
  3. Dio Chrysostom (Δίων Χρυσόστομος ), Dion of Prusa or Dio Cocceianus, was a greek orator, philosopher, writer, historian of a roman empire in the 1st century.
  4. Dio of Alexandria was an academic philosopher who lived in 1st century BC, was sent by his fellow-citizens as ambassador to Rome, to complain about the conduct of their king, Ptolemy XII Auletes.
  5. "Dio" is the poetic name of Goddess Demeter (One of the 12 Olympians), the Goddess of fertility, agriculture, nature, and the seasons. Some sources also mentioned that Demeter used the name "Dio" when She took the form of an old woman in her searching for Persephone in Eleusis (other sources said the name was "Doso"), where She received hospitabilty by the King there.



For the whole life, I've been bearing such a heavy burden of name, yet I survive. Nonetheless, on my last name I have "Caesar", which after Julius Caesar made his big history, the name "Caesar" became very popular to refer as someone with Dynastic Title. Later "Caesar" became used to refer the imperial title of "Emperor" or "Empress" in many languages.

However, the reason why I have the name "Dio" and "Caesar" not because of such Greatness those words have. Contact me personally via e-mail (dio_kinomoto@yahoo.co.id) and I'll be gladly to tell you, readers.

Nonetheless, I believe that by bearing such names makes me have particular Fate and Fortune that I can't escape as long as I have those words in my name.
"Names are important. Names have power. It doesn't matter whether it's living or not. Once you have given something a name, you have embodied it with that same amount of power." -Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic-

Hardship and obstacles we have to face will be equal to the power and achievements we have. If what Yuuko said in xxxHolic, or rather what the CLAMP team said is true, then my life is totally not easy. The question will be "will I succeed in the end of the day? will I survive until then? will I be able to pass all hardships?"
Only time can answer those queries.

Knowing I have such great names really makes me grateful and worried in the same time. Ever heard that "your blessing is your curse"? That's exactly what I think this case is. If in the end of the day I will be as great as my name, I only expect that I am strong enough to live the life I have to pass on before my glory comes. As for now, it makes me wonder why am I suffering from the bad marks in college? is it the hardship and obstacles I have to pass before I reach my victory?
May 2012 will be the year of the answer.

Wait a second, this is still NEW YEAR!
No EMO is allowed!
Come on! Think Positive! Be Optimistic!
Believe in your recent good feeling!
Hail Dio! Hail Caesar!
Hail Liswindio Apendicaesar!

No comments:

Post a Comment