Friday 26 April 2013

Erwin Huang's Graduation Show: Two Fifty Six (Saturday, April 20th 2013)













The last set of photos below may not be related to the title of this post, so let's ignore that part. That's just my self-esteem with myself that wants to have spotlight though just a little bit.

Now let's go to the main actor of this post. Erwin.



He's my friend from high school. I noticed his existence for the first time since from first year, but we got to know each other and got along in second year because we became classmate that time.

He's academically the one who excelled like many students from Canisius College High School. Moreover, he's also one of few who were into Biology. I think Erwin, Eka, and I were Biology-mates in the class. Not to mention, there were many times when I needed to borrow Erwin's Biology notes. It's neat, tidy, and helpful. That gave reason why even until we were in our final year, despite we're no longer classmates back then, I still borrowed his note a lot (and it's funny how my note then was borrowed by many of my classmates. I mean, it was originally Erwin's).

The first impression when I got to know Erwin: Rude, Full of himself, Sharp-tongue, and Ignorant. But as I said, that was just first impression, in a total glimpse. Somehow I just ended up in the same social circle with Erwin that it gave me chance to get to know him better.

So the last impression I had of Erwin: Funny, Had a particular taste of music, Very helpful, Easy-going.

The Graduation Fashion Show



A bit elaboration about music:
He's a big fan of Utada Hikaru. It's as if he knew everything about Utada Hikaru and her music. He liked many Indie songs and he introduced many of them to Eka and I. One of good Indie band he introduced was White Shoes and The Couple Company when no one knew what it was. Before the band became popular, Erwin already was a fan. He liked Katy Perry before everyone else did. But indeed, it was only when Katy Perry's songs were somehow musically weird and not populist. Right after her songs became musically mainstream, Erwin didn't seem to show much interest any longer (despite society started to like her).

Now you see, Erwin's got his own style, his own taste, and thus his own character. Somehow his uniqueness can be really found and seen from his artworks. No wonder he got entitled The Best Mini Collection and it made him chosen to have an opportunity to exhibit his skill in Jakarta Fashion Week, one of biggest Fashion Show in Jakarta.

Really, no one ever guessed at all that Erwin would enter Fashion Design. Usually students in Canisius College (CC) who excelled in Biology would most probably choose medicine or at least Biotechnology in college. Not to mention most of students who're good academically in CC would oftentimes choose engineering. There was this time I asked Erwin whether he wanted to enter Medical School, and his answer was "Well, uhm, I'm not sure. I'm still thinking of what major I'd like to enter", despite knowing his surroundings who liked Biology mostly wanted to.

After all, Erwin has never been mainstream. He always has his own style, his own taste, and his own soul, despite what society appears out to be. He is indeed an inspiration for us, in still his very young age. Take a look at the pictures of his collection above, which he's turned the Day of Apocalypse into Achievement. That's what Erwin has been and will always be. And if you wonder what kind of person Erwin actually is, just talk to him and get to know him by yourself. He will welcome you nicely and uniquely. So get prepared yourself to be introduced to so many novelties in life by him.

Lastly, I believe and wish that Erwin will become a very much great famous fashion designer not only in Indonesia but also international world. He'll create more astounding surprising artworks. He's Erwin after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment