Wednesday 2 March 2011

Memories

Memories--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memories, for you to keep
Because time won’t repeat itself
As life goes on, people move on
Nothing will remain the same
All things we have fade away
Because we change and won’t remain the same

So that,
Memories, for you to keep
To remind you to what you used to be
To remind you to what you used to have
Because time won’t repeat itself
Because things change as time goes by
Because we change as time goes by

But there, we have memories
For us to keep, for you to keep, and for me to keep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This poetry is my farewell gift to the best friend ever of mine, Stevano, that I gave him on December 2010. I suddenly felt back then that I had to give him something that I was good at. Then I decided to making 'words'. To be honest, I was very sad to know that he had to depart to USA for his study because I thought that I wouldn't be able to meet him anymore for so long.

I happened to understand that we all had changed a lot when I was making this poetry. We weren't the same guys anymore as when we had met for the fist time in Middle School. However, I understood that the change itself was inevitable, none could stop it.

Lately I feel reminded to my former self when I was in kindergarten and elementary school. I used to believe in so many imagination and I always felt so excited back then for any imagination and hope for the future. My heart was always fulfilled with so many big feelings about adventure. I just couldn't hold it in anyway, and always created many stories for myself as if I had been in anime.

It's been so long since last time I felt it and I can't remember when it last time happened. I actually have been reminded lately because I've just watched some Digimon World movies. I somehow, right while I was watching, suddenly remembered about the feeling I had have when I was a very little child. 'Till now I still feel brought to the time of my childhood and somehow I can remember the feeling clearly. Ironically, I, however, don't feel it. It sounds funny isn't it? I remember the feeling I used to have, but I can't feel it. I've just realized that it's been quite long time for me to be 'grown up'.

No comments:

Post a Comment