Saturday 12 March 2011

Exam done? or not done yet? or never done?

3 words 'EXAM' I use as title. Too many, eh? Well, if you happen to study in university, I bet the word 'EXAM' is to be definitely what you hear the most. So, my advice to High-Schoolers: Be grateful since you are still in High School and have space and time (space-time, eh?) to breathe even if just for a while, becuase you will really damn need it just a few years, or even a few months later. (JUST TRUST ME)

The BLOCK of ENDOCRINAL SYSTEM has just been done. To make it clear, it's approximately 4 weeks with full of assignments and exams with too many matters. Well, maybe some will think that the DISASTER was just over right after the last exam. However, just right 2 days after it, I already have to get myself prepared for BLOCK of HEMATOLOGY, which is said to be the most difficult in this semester. and obviously, I'll be already having exam and assignment by the first day of the BLOCK!!

CONGRATULATION! AND CELEBRATION!

CONGRATULATION! AND JUBILATION!

Apparently, this will keep happening for more than 5 years from now on. NO AIR, NO AIR..

Well, just skip talking about the details of disaster I have. Speaking of disaster, I am so sorry to know that Japan was just hit by two disasters in a row: Earthquake and Tsunami Wave. I send my condolence and wish the best for Japan.

Anyway, as I promised on my previous post, I'd like to tell about SEF stuffs.

Right now I'm trying to make people in Debating Class really enjoy debate, but not take it for granted. I mean, They really have to be so serious in improving themselves in debate. I don't mean to be cocky nor arrogant, but I think their skills right now is not enough to be called as good debater. Well, they can't even put any urgency in 'issue' and 'background'. They're still so much lacking of elaboration, The worst, they're also still lacking of structure and packaging so much. As for me, it's really troublesome.

When I say 'they' above, I refer to those newbies and to those who are not newbies but they act as if they were much more superior than those newbies. As for me, the newbies are forgivable, but not with the non-newbies. These non-newbies, I think, they should have improved a lot since they are varsity students and it's been more than one year for them knowing debate.

I, once again, don't mean that I'm much better than them. I just think that they haven't been so serious since the first time. That's why I'm quite mad with this circumstances. I need to go debating to many competitions with good teammates that can cover me since I know I'm way too lacking of critical thinking and knowing matters. My skills in term of elaboration is not good either, that's why I need those who can help me to improve myself in debate just like when I was in High School.

However, we still have more than one month before the Debate Competition in English Fiesta held by UMM (Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang). I somehow feel so optimistic that they can improve a lot before D-day.

Actually it's just minor reason what makes me so worry about SEF. The hardest part is about 'BUREAUCRACY' problem that we have to deal with. Our institution (Universitas Sebelas Maret, or you can abbreviate it with UNS) is so damn silly about giving permission and financial support to join competition. They demand that the invitation letter sent to us should be 'completed' with signature of at least VICE RECTOR as proof that the invitation is formal and official.
I mean, WTH?!!

Dear Officers of UNS institution,
I would like you all to know that for other big universties, and please notice BIGGER than UNS, the Officers there have stuffs to do much more important than just giving their signature for just an invitation letter of competition. And every single activity held by the students there certainly is supervised by the institution without a doubt. I mean, please use your logic that there will be several official speech from the Officers for the opening ceremony. And of course the committees of the event has to take care of permission to use the place and rooms. I just totally don't get how your tiny mindset works upon this case, UNS Officers.

We can simply understand that the reason why Debate is not quite developed in UNS, is because at the very first place it's not supported by the institution itself as well as it's needed. No wonder other good institutions are very popular internationally through Debate, since they seriously have a good system on how to manage it.

The recent case for this problem is the Debate competition in 15th ALSA UI E-Comp. My friends and I can't just join because of this bureaucracy problem. Truthfully, I really want to join there because I know that ALSA E-Comp is one of the most prestigious Debate competition in Indonesia, and the participants there are very strong. I just think that we can learn much from the competition if we can join. Sadly, it seems that my institution really doesn't care enough about how important Debate is in National and International's view. So unlucky me!

The first time knowing that I couldn't join ALSA, I was so upset. I couldn't even concentrate my mind to study for Pathologic Anatomy exam (and it then resulted in a big failure). It really turned me mad. Honestly, 'till now I still really wish I could join Debate competition in ALSA UI E-Comp.

Well then, despite my regret for not being able to join Debate competition in ALSA UI E-Comp, I have focus in improving the skills of the Debating Class members in SEF UNS. We, after all, still have Debate competition in English Fiesta held by UMM. We still have to do our best and give all of our efforts in the competition. Besides, English Fiesta is also quite popular and many other strong teams are also going to participate there. So I gotta be so careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment