Sunday 13 March 2011

AMSA Japanese Students' Visit to Solo

As I promised that I would post some pictures about AMSA, here they are the pictures taken when 3 Japanese girl of Medical Students came to Solo to spend their holiday on 1st March 2011. My friends and I really did enjoy the night we looked around at Solo with them, and had some conversations.



We had dinner at Pondok Jawi. They ate Indonesian Food, and you know what?? they ate without spoon or fork, but their own hands just like traditional Indonesian people always do. To be honest I was a bit ashamed of myself because I didn't use my hands as others but spoon and fork (Well, Justinus also used spoon and fork but he ate fried rice). I regularly dislike not to use spoon and fork because I'm lazy to wash my hands.



We took pictures at Pondok Jawi after dinner.


Me with Yu Son (Yu). She's chinese anyway, but her family has been living in Japan for so long (perhaps before she was born)


Me with Yapsi. To be honest, Yapsi's name is quite weird for a Japanese girl. I mean, I never heard such before (at least there's no anime character has such name).


Me with Kanako. Honestly, Kanako is very beautiful, but don't know why she looks a little bit weird in the picture. Maybe she's just not photogenic, but really she is very beautiful.



We, after dinner, looked around at Solo Baru. There were so many statues there symbolized Mahabharata story. We chatted along the way in the car. Only Yu who were quite fluent to speak English, but that's fine with Yapsi and Kanako since they could a little bit. As Indonesian people, we told Justinus the direction to get to Solo Baru by saying "Kanan, kanan. Kiri, kiri. Kanan, kiri". Somehow it sounded funny for Yu, Yapsi, and Kanako that then they repeated after us saying "Kanan-kanan. Kiri-kiri" several times and they laughed becuase of it.


They gave us original snacks from Japan which they called as "Sweets". Well, it's true that the snacks tasted very sweet, but to be honest all kinds of the snacks had the same taste, which is RED BEANS.

Red Beans are very common in Japan as the ingredients to make cake or snack because of its sweet taste. However, it seems all kinds of sweet snacks in Japan only have one taste: Red Beans.

Anyway, one kind of the snacks they gave to us has exactly the same taste as our very famous local snacks (Jogjakarta's snacks): BAKPIA. When my friends and I found it out, we felt funny and then laughed because of it.



They, in Solo stayed at Novotel Hotel (and they enjoyed the facial treatment of the hotel in the afternoon). We said goodbye after we took them to the hotel. It's really a very great night as for me. I enjoyed hanging out with my AMSA friends and our guests from Japan. Hopefully I can have another chance to do so, at least it can really refresh mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment