Sunday 5 December 2010

My Debate Life

Despite of my broken heart, I would like to share a little bit about my "DEBATE LIFE", that a week ago I joined debate competition in Jogjakarta and you know what?? I won the 1st runner up position which means I proceed it to the Grand Final.

I really enjoyed the debate I finally could have it again in my life. The first practice I had for preparation for the competition, somehow it drove me going crazy about debate as I had used to be. Well, of course the best part was in the competition itself. I did enjoy it so much. It really reminded me to the time of my Debate Life in CC. I suppose that I managed to perform quite well in the competition though I know it wasn't my best since the practice was also not optimal.

I feel so grateful that I learnt about debate from CC, that really has made me able to have some skills of debate that I'm sure others don't have. Well, in the competition itself I managed to be the 9th best speaker among all debaters joined the competition.

However, I understand that I may be good only among debaters in this region (Jogjakarta and Central Java), but when it must come to Jakarta and Bandung, I will even be no in a piece. That's why I tell myself to have practice even more, to be better even more, to be able being one of the best debaters even more, so that I will be able to compete in higher levels even more.

Nevertheless, I now have 2 short term targets in my Debate Life, first is that I must be able to join the national level of competition (and of course I have to be one of the best debaters too there), and second is that I must become adjudicator so I can join the room Adjudicator's Hall; and also I can become a coach for high school debaters (the main reason is to get paid). I know I can, I know I will.

Speaking of the competition held in Jogjakarta, that city really reminded me of Jakarta I used to live there when I was in High School. I really miss Jakarta so much. The light, the traffic jam, the skyscraper buildings, the crowd, and of course the sparkling life there. I really miss Jakarta. I hope one day I can return to Jakarta to have my lovely life there once more, together with all of my lovely best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment