Monday 30 August 2010

Conversation (imitating my friend's blog post)

A: How're you doing?

B: Totally bad.

A: Why?

B: I live in somewhere I've never known and never imagined and never expected before. I personally think that I dislike my current life since now I've lost all I used to have. Just imagine, no AC when this place is totally hot, no water heater, no proper WC, no adequate public transportation, no shopping center nor mall, no wi fi, no this and no that. I feel like I've just come to a primitive town.

A: is it really that scary?

B: ABSOLUTELY and OBVIOUSLY!!!

A: Well, so how is your new life in college now? what about making new friends?

B: Terrible *sigh*. College's life is so different with school's life. It seems more difficult and timeless. Lecture is not the same as class, but it's more like seminar. For God's sake, I was so sleepy at my first lecture. And for friends' stuff, uhm, since the culture here is so much different from Jakarta, it's quite hard for me.

A: Would you like to elaborate, please?

B: The language, the habits, the accent, the behavior, the discrimination, the face, the religion, the lifestyle, the fashion, the food, the mall, the weather, the movies, and many more which will be difficult for me since it's too much. I think if you know e very well, you can understand what I mean from those.

A: uh, OK. I think it seems too much much for you to think all of them. Can't you just get yourself relaxed a bit? I mean you probably can just take it easy man.

B: I wish I could. But you know, for my whole life, I've never ever experienced this. It's way too much much for me, as you said.

A: Okay, so what's your plan for next, and for your study star from here?

B: Honestly, I don't think there will be a way for me to return to Jakarta, though I still hope for that probability (you know what I mean). So it seems by the time I will be staying here for next 5 years. I guess I have no choice but to adapt here, though I know it's totally difficult. I hope I can make myself to study very hard in order to get good marks. Of course I want to succeed here. For facilities' problem, I hope fortunately my parents get a lot of money I don't know from who or where so that I can again spoil myself as I always used to. I also hope there will be lots of holiday so I can just return to Bogor and Jakarta to treat myself as proper as possible.

A: Okay, I don't think I need a very long interview, it may be enough for now. Thanks.

B: Okay, you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment