Sunday 3 April 2011

Tour de Solo

On March, 30th of 2011 on Wednesday I had my little tour around Solo. Actually I had planned this since more than a month ago after reading the post of my friend in her blog. Beside, I thought that I never had visited some good places before, so that it might be interesting to have my own adventure alone.

Based on plan, I was supposed to visit 3 places: National Monument of Press of Indonesia, Surakarta's Palace (Keraton Surakarta), and also Sriwedari Park, which then I would have lunch at Tony Jack. However, becuase of some accidents, I departed late in the middle day and unfortunately, It was raining right after I finished looking around at Surakarta's Palace. Hence, finally I was only able to visit National Monument of Press of Indonesia and Surakarta's Palace, then I went home.

I think I will have another tour to visit some other places in Solo. Besides, having a trip alone like an adventure is so much exciting, especially to take some pictures.

Anyway, I will post the pictures I took at National Monument of Press of Indonesia and Surakarta's Palace in different two posts. So there will be 2 other posts than this one about my tour. This part is to tell a little story about the tour I had.

I departed at around 12 by taking public transportation, the city bus called ATMO. it costed IDR 2,000 for me to take that bus.

ATMO, the city bus

After I arrived at the National Monument of Press, I then took a tour looking at the museum there. I was explained about several things related to the museum and the development of press in Indonesia. They've collected the mass media (newspaper) since 1970s 'till now. I guess we can have many information about what what happened in the past through the newspaper collected there.
National Monument of Press of Indonesia (Monumen Pers Nasional Indonesia)

After I finished satisfying mysef there, I then continued to Solo's Keraton (Surakarta's Palace) by taking public car transportation. I asked the security in National Monument of Press about how to get there, actually. I paid IDR 2,500 for taking this public transportation.

public car transportation (read: angkot) in Solo

I then arrived in Surakarta's Palace. FYI, the ticket price to get in to the palace is IDR 10,000. I think it's quite expensive for Solo.

The ticket for entrance of Surakarta's Palace

The Surakarta's Palace from outside.

After I finished looking around at Surakarta's Palace, I then went home because it was raining hard, that I didn't think I could continue my adventure to Sriwedari Park and had lunch at Tony Jack. I went home taking the public bus transportation called Batik Solo Trans. It's very similar to Trans Jakarta Bus, but a little bit cheaper; only IDR 3,000.

Bus called Batik Solo Trans

1 comment:

  1. Always so nice to visit your blog. What a nice information, thank you for posting. this will help me alot in my learning an gaining knowledge. packers and movers bangalore

    ReplyDelete