Sunday 3 April 2011

Keraton Surakarta (Surakarta's Palace)

Continuation of the Tour de Solo
-------------------------------------------------

In Surakarta's Palace I looked some heritages of the old times of the palace, and some historical stuffs. There are also some traditional stuffs that are still in use until today. I was guided by Mr. Anto, the officer of tour guide there. He explained me about the history and also about the use of many things there.

I don't think I can give so many description in this post about my little tour. Well, after I arrived there, I purchased the ticket, then I entered and I looked around the inside park before I looked at the museum. The inside park has some beauriful trees and the land was covered by white sands. It's so much beautiful, indeed.



as it's seen, there is a place in the inside park, becuase actually the inside park is directly connected to the residence of the family of the palace. I don't know what that place is used for, perhaps something ceremonial.




I then looked around the museum and took some pictures there. I couldn't take so many pictures because of the limited memory left in my mobile phone's memory card.

I sat on the cart that will only be used in the ceremony by the princess to be marched on around the palace (or perhaps the city) when she will be married to a man.



Statues that symbolize the wedding ceremony of the family of the palace (prince or princess)

After I finished looking at the museum, I was taken to a site where the twin wells were located. I was given a glass of water from the well to drink. It's said that the well was used years ago by Pakubuwono (if I am not mistaken, it's Pakubuwono V) as a site to have meditation (he meditated on the board placed on the well. Possibly the water from the well has an ability to purify someone's body (based on the myth).


me beside the well.

sadly, because of my limited memory of my moblie phone's memory card, I couldn't take more pictures there. Whereas, there were more interesting sites to take pictures. I think I will drop myself again one day there to have more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment