Monday 3 September 2012

AMSEP-UNS. 7 Taiwan Delegates. Friendship.

Stop blaming on me for writing another not funny story! I know I'm not funny. I'm always too serious about everything. I've tried to improve though, just so you know. At least one out of my zillion words, I think, is a little bit funny enough. And for this time, I'll repost what I posted in AMSA-Indonesia's about-to-be-abandoned mailing-list (just to make it quick).

*

Da jia hao!
Wo de mingzi Liswindio.

From 6th-13th of August 2012, AMSA UNS just hosted AMSEP for AMSA Taiwan. We got 7 delegates; 3 delegates from China Medical School, and 4 delegates from Chung-Shan Medical School.
Here are the names of the delegates:
1. Chen, Da Yang (english name / nick name: Kazy)
2. Chen, Sheng-Lin (english name / nick name: Sam)
3. Chiang Wan Li (english name / nick name: John)
4. Der, Jeng-Ray (nick name: Ray)
5. Wang, Yen-Hui (english name / nick name: Katelyn)
6. Yang, Chun-Lin (english name / nick name: Andy)
7. Tsai, Tzung-Ping (english name / nick name: Rick)



They arrived in Solo on 6th at 18.20 GMT+7. Afterward we had welcoming party in Waroeng Djadoel Restaurant. There, we gave them a very sticky Beras Kencur as the welcoming drink.
There were total 2 lectures regarding to Tropical Diseases (Tuberculosis, Anthrax, Malaria, and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever). They also experienced the laboratory activities in Lab. of Microbiology (Bacterial Staining) and Lab. of Parasitology. We also took them to Community Health Centre for them to directly meet two tuberculosis patients. There, we socialized and had some conversations directly with the patients and the family. There was also a hospital visit to the Dr. Oen Solo Baru Hospital located in Sukoharjo; it's a famous private hospital in Solo.
In addition, we had Problem-Based Learning Group Discussion on Saturday, to test the knowledge we had gained from lectures, laboratory activities, and Visits to Community Health Centre and Hospital.

Here, they also learnt the traditional dance and learnt Gamelan.
For the tour session, we took them to the malls in Solo, to Nightmarket in Ngarsopuro, to the Sangiran Museum (Museum of Primordial Human), to Danar Hadi Batik Museum, Mangkunegaran Palace, Pasar Gede (Traditional Market), Balekambang Park, and also to some traditional culinary destinations of Solo. They also made their own T-Shirt Batik in Laweyan Batik Village.
We also had some fun by having karaoke, timezone, and bowling games together.

The Farewell Party was held in Boga-Bogi Restaurants on Sunday night. There were some performances from the delegates and from the committee. Personally, it touched me a lot that they performed singing "Yi Ran Ai Ni", knowing that it's my favourite chinese song (we had sung it before in karaoke). Then the farewell party was closed by performance of the committee (singing by Lauraine, and guitar by Satrio), singing "Wish You Were Here (Avril Lavigne)". We all turned so blue as listening to the song.

The delegates went home at 19.00 GMT+7 on Monday. And yes, so damn some of us cried in airport that we couldn't stand good-bye (and yes, you must guess I also did "nangis kejer" because of the farewell).
This is really the first time for AMSA-UNS to host AMSEP after so many years we haven't since about 2006. And now we just realized AMSEP is very much precious experience for everyone. The bond of friendship made in AMSEP really makes us (or probably me) hard to move on going back to reality (#eaaa)

By the way, I myself learnt Tai Chi, Xiangqi (Chinese Chess), and some chinese words from the delegates. Knowin' so, it's even more difficult to move on now (galau mode: on)
I wish everyone in AMSA-Indonesia can experience AMSEP, either as host or delegates, as I have. But don't forget, beforehand prepare yourself for the "galau part" ever; prepare tons of pieces of tissue for the never-ending tears (masih galau)

*

Several details to be added:
1. I've become very good friends with John. I think it feels like we're brothers for each other. More than keeping in touch, we share our life-stories each other via LINE.

2. John, Rick, and I exchanged some bad Chinese and Indonesian words. It was so funny, although Kazy and some Indonesian friends looked shocked when we said the words of each other's mother-tounge.
(Ta Ma De!! Kao Yao!! Anjing Lo!! :P)

3. There were some love-affairs happened. Rain (UNS student) hitted on Andy, but Andy and Katelyn had their own very chemistry that everyone suspected love between them. Then it seemed Ray and Rick crushed on Rain. As for now, Rain keeps in touch only with Rick. (more details about Rain-Rick story is censored).

4. Kazy is crazy for Batik even until now. Andy's Indonesian name is Arjuna (He picked it himself). Katelyn loves coconut so much more than anyone else I've ever known in this world. Sam is double-degree student (Conventional Medicine and Chinese Medicine, that he has to finish his study one year longer than other students in Taiwan to be a doctor: 8 years); he can perform Tai Chi and play chinese music instrument (what a multitalented and hardworking person he is).

5. I'm so full of regret that I couldn't take them to have a ride on Becak and to take them to Prambanan Temple (They were so eager about it). Damn AMSA-Schooling!!! (Sorry guys, but I really don't give a single fuck about AMSA-Schooling. It violated the rule even an ant knew it).

6. I'm now much more into Chinese lesson, and I really hope in the next future I will visit Taiwan, especially to meet John again.

7. I've officially used my chinese name given by a friend from China I met in EAMSC Singapore 2012 since AMSEP: 李仕維

8. Honestly, I wish every academic schedule could be just like when in AMSEP. It was so private, not too many students (DAMN NEARLY 100 STUDENTS IN EVERY MY CLASS!!!), and I really could understand and remember nearly every explanation. Well, I never studied in public school before.

As for conclusion, I'm so contented for what have been happening so far (despite missing the time of my life in AMSEP-hosting so bad). It's just I wonder why, in life, there are people we just met for really few days, but we feel so much connected and attached afterwards? For sure, I feel even far closer to John and Stevensen than to many of my college's friends.
Life is indeed full of mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment