Friday 25 May 2012

#3 no title

I'm no longer a newbie, in Varsity Debate. Luckily I didn't end it by being too old having my first 2 years as varsity debater. Thanks to UNY Newbie Debate Competition I could have a chance to once again feel the atmosphere of glory being a debater.
I made it to the grandfinal, and became the 3rd best speaker in the tourney. That was indeed a finally-moment I had been waiting for.
However, it wasn't that great. Because firstly, I lost to the newbies of UI. I know it's UI, after all, but they're newbies. I'm still totally far below what I expect to be. And secondly, I felt that my performance in ITS Open English Debate Competition was far better than in NNDC UNY. I think I'm still influenced by my teammates. I'm not yet a great debater who can impact my teammates to be influenced by myself.

Next, I'm happy that I just participated in Asian Medical Students' Conference 2012 Philippines. Now that I remember, it's funny how one year ago I sighed because I couldn't join Joint Conference Hong Kong (AMSC but there was also IFMSA thingy) due to financial problem. Now here I am enjoying my Post-Conference Syndrome. I really remember how much I wished so hard for the fortune to be on my side.



Something funny but pathetic: one week before AMSC I lost my wallet (and everything inside, including namecard of Chiung-Tung, and polaroid picture of myself and Korean Delegates in EAMSC AMSA Booth), and then 1 day before AMSC I lost my cell phone in taxi on my way to airport reaching Jakarta. Honestly I was frustrated but then Steve (if you ever read my post about Stevensen Eisei) said to me that all bad fortune had happened so only good fortune waiting for me ahead. That was indeed so motivational and made me able to keep facing the life. I was also glad that he worried about me then asked me in chat whether I was all right. But yea, I wouldn't fall for the stress that simply, especially knowing I had the conference of friendship before my eyes. Nonetheless, hope my friendship with Steve can last longer and turn into a closer one. Well, probably it has already been there because we somehow share the same sense in many ways.
And speaking of which, he has already got a girlfriend!!! WUOOOOO!!!! I must not lose to him!!! I also should find a girlfriend!!! 555!

Speaking of AMSC, or entirely AMSA's Conference, I felt a little bit blue about AMSC. When I compared to EAMSC, I really had nothing to do in AMSC. I didn't participate in any academic competition at all in AMSC. I felt so pathetic and so inferior. Now that I've decided to no matter what submit anything I can for the upcoming conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment