Friday 18 October 2013

Another Dream and The Power of Wish


When I first time entered AMSA about 2.5 years ago, all I expected was to participate in its enjoyable & cool events and to expand my networking of fellow medical students in Indonesia. I thought it would be splendid to travel around attending some events or meetings then got to know many new people and be friends with them. However, as I went on walking my journey, I realized that AMSA was bigger than that; it offered not only fun and excitement, but a whole new horizon and experience.

AMSA has 3 philosophies as its base of activities: Knowledge, Action, Friendship. It provides many kinds of activities as the space for its members to develop in accordance with the authenticity of each person. Peer tutorials, lectures in every event (either national or international), social services, charity, leadership training, organizational experiences, and many more of ways to develop oneself according to the philosophies I've undergone. They all have enriched me as a person in terms of academic knowledge, compassion and conscience as a future medical doctor, and also personality as I've shared good & bad moments with many other members that I consider them as friends.

But indeed AMSA is still a lot bigger. Even all of those adventures I've passed aren't all the quests I've accomplished. There are still an abundance of opportunities I have yet to explore myself in AMSA. At least until before about two weeks ago, there was an this area of philosophy Knowledge in AMSA that I had not yet utilized much: Research.

I've dreamed of being able to submit a scientific paper since 1.5 years ago, either it is for Pre-Conference Competition (PCC) or for one of AMSA-Indonesia's national events that involve the element of paper competition. But that's not an easy thing to do as much it's to say, because neither my friends nor I had any idea of how to create a scientific paper. My batch was the one that revived my AMSA university from its 2 years of dormant. We did not have any seniors with sufficient experience of how to make a paper work to look up to. No one to guide us nor to teach us. So all I could do was to wait for one day my dream could perhaps come true.

Two weeks ago finally my 1.5-years wish was granted. I eventually submitted a paper work for AMSA-Indonesia's PCC of EAMSC Korea 2014. Together with the helps from two friends, Kevin Wahyudy and Eka Satya Nugraha, we finished our paper and yesterday it was announced that we reached Top 5 out of 21 papers submitted.

Not only my dream has come true, but now I've received more than what I wished for.

I don't know how to perform right manner of gratitude for this blessing. I don't even know how to thank Kevin and Eka enough for their encouragement, motivation, help, and support so that I can finally reach my dream, even more than what I dreamed of. There were times when I thought I wanted to give up, but then they made me realize that it was too little too late for we would not know how it would turn out if never tried it.

Even now I'm still in manic condition because of too much of exhilaration I've received. I hope this is just a beginning to drive either me or my AMSA university to improve our quality in field of Research and Scientific Paper. The way is always there, it's only a matter of will.


Above is the list of top 5 papers I print-screened. Supposedly that would be my motivation to develop myself more, to the extent I never imagined.

Lastly as the reminder again about the power of wish:
"If you wish hard, dreams would eventually come true."
-Watanuki Kimihiro-

1 comment:

  1. Great blog and amazing post, this information really helped me, thanks for posting. . .
    registered packers and movers mumbai.

    ReplyDelete