Monday 8 July 2013

AMSA-Indonesia Again, After Some Old but Broader Drama

Long short, after almost one year, I finally have been involved again in AMSA-Indonesia. Not as Delegate, not as any committee, not as any officer, but as a...well, uhm, I don't even know how to put it. There were some dramas, I was the only one who knew and understood the complete story, the reason why one thing happened and then caused other things, and there I've been like an agent who gathered all information and then distributed it to the authority who needed to decide solutions.

It doesn't stop there. There was this junior, a junior from highschool and also in AMSA (but different university) who asked me to give him advices and knowledge about AMSA-Indonesia because he was a Regional Chairperson Candidate (he lost though). It was like almost every night I spent to have skype chat with him, to teach him a lot of things and to help him answering questions in mailing-list campaign.


All of those stuffs happened makes me realize how much I miss AMSA-Indonesia, that I have been absent for one year at all. Many people there I'm friends with and I really wish to meet them again. Eventually, the very reason why I now miss AMSA-Indonesia so much is because yesterday I met a friend namely Nathania Sheryl Sutisna, a Representative of AMSA Universitas Pelita Harapan 2011-2012, a Regional Chairperson of AMSA-Indonesia 2012-2013, an Advisory Board of AMSA-Indonesia 2013-2014, and a Secretary for Membership & Development of AMSA-International 2013-2014. She's indeed a pretty much strong and very inspiring woman I've ever met. She visited Solo for her big family reunion, and somehow yesterday we got chance and time to meet and then talk about everything. We hadn't met since AMSC Philippines 2012, that makes it exactly one year we hadn't met because on the day we met it's somewhere around the end of AMSC Malaysia 2013.

Finally, I could apologize to her for being pushy about her emotional personality I kept cornering her last year, finally we could talk again as good friends and as great dreamers about AMSA-Indonesia. There were some talks and gossips also (as expected) we shared. I realized that I really missed her a lot as good friend just like when it had been before she had become a Regional Chairperson.

Around our last conversation we agreed that there were people who misused their authority and power in AMSA-Indonesia, their wrongdoings couldn't be justified despite their good intentions, however we still respected them. We believed after all, they were great people and the ones who had brought AMSA-Indonesia into a blast that today our juniors can continue progressing it. Without those great amazing people, it's hard to achieve today. Moreover, we also believed that they're still our friends, or at least once we had been used to good friends. The most important now is how to keep being better for AMSA-Indonesia.

Most of all, We both agreed now we're old. There're juniors and freshmen in AMSA-Indonesia, and  we couldn't believe it when we had to give them advices and taught them about things in AMSA.

Time flies.

So please meet, Nathania S. Sutisna

And here I, despite knowing I'm nobody, still have big love for AMSA-Indonesia

Wonder if I will have another chance to be active again in AMSA. Well, I wish. Because no matter what, AMSA-Indonesia will always be part of us, we will never regret every story we have and share there.

Lastly, I wish the best for the future of AMSA-Indonesia ahead. I'm sure AMSA-Indonesia will shine bright like a...uhm, not diamond but a lot brighter than.

No comments:

Post a Comment