Wednesday 7 November 2012

Motivational Junk. Personal Political Junkie.

Life story filled by usual motivational inspiring jealousy, they said to me it was. My part was only feeling envious of, other people's part was always being the great-minds-think-alike-eh-? and great-people-do-inspire-alike-eh-?. But let's put aside how I much less now admire a close high school friend of mine namely just Erwin, or with his Chinese family name, Erwin Huang (which "Huang" is not formally inserted in his legal Indonesian birth certificate. And why the heck this is important for me to be informing here.) that he's just launched his very first fashion collection designed and sewed by himself in the greatest fashion show ever in Indonesia, Jakarta Fashion Week.

Honestly speaking artistically, as for my godly eyes for fashion taste, Erwin's art is definitely what we call as fashion design. He's still a student, and yet already has made his great debut with his godly hands. Regarding to "godly eyes for fashion taste", it may be just my self-confidence aggravated by my self-esteem, but ladies and gentlemen, it's not merely my opinion. It's people's opinion. Well, it can be practice-makes-perfect factor, anyhow.

As I said, let's put the story above aside. 2 paragraphs are enough.
I'm now more into to talk about something I've just realized and wondered why I have never talked about here before. I mean, it's obviously part of myself being myself but never slightly I left this part of myself to be shared here. So, let's begin.



It's about my Political Junk Interest. My Interest of being a political junkie, despite knowing it may not affect anything to my futuristic career as doctor. So rather than talking about medical stuffs I used to complaint, let me share a piece of my thought about my political opinion deliberately.

Informatively said, today we've just been informed by every media ever that our Mr. Barack Obama has been elected for another 4 years to be the president of great nation in this century, USA. He defeated his opponent in gaining people's voices, Mitt Romney. Now that he's got his second term, I believe he must be thanking his one and only wife, Michelle Obama, for her speech that has wholeheartedly driven everyone in this world who have watched her speech. Honestly, finally on yesterday's night I finished watching the speech. Finally I spent time on it. And truthfully, I almost cried. Now it's been 2 times for me to have watched the speech and it's been 2 times either for me to almost shed tears because of the speech.

*I'm not sure whether it was a coincidental fate or anything, but the momentum of how I finally finished watching the speech of Michelle feels like a premonition of Barack Obama's triumphant*

One of my most favourable quotation is : "So in the end, for Barack, these issues aren't political. They're personal," expressing how much Barack Obama considering himself being a citizen that tries to struggle for life in USA when he was making decision or deciding to whether sign up a regulation, as he used to be and is one of them who experienced life-sacrifice.

You know, I personally believe the strongest factor which has allowed Mr. President to be trusted again for another term is not really because of himself; it is because of the people and fortune on his side. Let's face it; he's got Hillary as his Minister of International Affair, he's got Michelle that I can barely find competitor in these days against her speech capability, he's got mother and grandmother who will always become his and everyone's inspiration, he's got the 'black' genes that deliberately makes him a symbol of anti-racism for USA. He's got everything that other opposition won't be able to compromise themselves. Well, I have to, though, admit that Barack Obama himself is not an ordinary person necessarily; he's also a great thinker, I believe. But one thing, being great yourself is not enough to make it as far as our Mr. President of USA has; not to mention everyone also always has their own failures in making decision and giving words world-widely, at least that is what I heard in debate competition when the opposition team won proving the failures and bad sides of Obama's.

Anyhow, I still have to congratulate the President-again for his success. However, here's the thing, there will be some questions should be addressed:
1. Why do we expect much from and glorify Barack Obama so much as if he would be Jesus-like?
2. What benefit could come for personally anyone of us by having Obama family again in White House?

Let's put the seriousness on the table.
1. as I've posted in my latest facebook status:  “Obama is not a saviour, and Romney will not be a devil,” said Hanan Ashrawi, member of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation executive committee.
2. supposedly, our life won't change much. My doctors won't make the exam any easier but the opposite way, of course as time goes by. Debate will always be competitive and I'm still not from those prevalently winners-university.

So, why do we always have opinion and choice there, naturally and humanely?

I don't know about you, but for me, simply said, when it comes to choice, I think I just don't feel comfortable hearing any conservativeness to win over modern life. Especially since so far I know, Republicans are Puritans. Subjective I'm being, most times I can't stand when religious people, either Moslem or Christians, keep collaborating every life's aspect to their holly book and their unseen God. Despite knowing it will have nothing to do with me even if Romney chosen, still it will infuriate my ears and my hormonal system that regulates anger.

Moreover, I think Republicans will be more opposing China and its international decisions. Deliberately thinking, China is never that bad. It has now shifted slightly its system to not too much communism or authoritarianism. It is improving in its competitiveness against USA in term of power economically, militarily, and diplomatically. Not to mention, I think the way how China always decides to befriend with 'problematic' countries such as Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Syria, and Zimbabwe, shows not only it exercises its interest wisely, but also shows that diplomatic way is more strategical (take a look at the example of how Syrian government agreed for the 4 days ceasefire in Aid al-Adha after persuaded by China). Being too much liberal, in fact, is never good. China's position now is to keep the balance of system before catastrophe derived from uncontrollable desire of liberty occurs.
Perhaps I say this because on this Saturday and Sunday I'll be representing myself as Delegate of People's Republic of China in ALSA-MUN; Security Council, fyi. (Veto Right! Veto Right!)

Lately I've kept believing deeper that Murder will cause another Murder. Hatred and Revenge will be born from offensive action. Peace can never be achieved at such rate. And I think, Obama is more considerate to this matter rather than Romney. Heart to heart will achieve understanding better than strict concept.

In the end I realized what I've been saying above is not really political, but personal matter. It is exactly the opposite of my purpose why I'm writing by now. For my excuse, I'm making this in the middle of debating practice in starbucks; can't really focus.

So yeah, Starbucks is about to close now. My friends, especially the one who will give me a ride, are going home soon. Be it what my post is. I'm done with this. Gotta go home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment