Saturday 28 July 2012

The Inspiring People, The Inspiring Gibbon

Long long ago, I came to realize the world I lived in was never the world I had been dreaming; it was not the same as I had been watching in any Anime. In fact, everything in the world was so much the opposite, I realized. Family, Society, Life's evidence, and all aspects in life were exactly I couldn't understand why they were the way they were, because for the whole of my life my role model was everything in Anime. Probably that's why I used to believe everybody in this world was kind and as long we were kind, all good things would come to us; my parents, however, told me that I was wrong and stupid by the way I looked upon the life back at time, and I didn't understand why until finally every disappointment about life striked me.

I then thought, after the bad illumination, the existence of humankind was the mistake. God was so much wrong to have a faith in human race. This world would have been so much beautiful if human had never existed. And there the idea came: I should find a way to eradicate humankind from the world, one day this world would be clean from human and that's my mission.

So yeah, I hated human,
no exception including myself because I'm also human. After everyone got terminated, then I'd commit suicide, I planned. That way this world would be saved. Sorta freak yet really a concept ever I had.

But ladies and gentlemen, I kept living, more life evidences approached. More people I got to know and see. Then I realized something else: Some people are still precious for this world. They deserved more than just to survive. And my mind changed, after all.

"The one thing that can change a person, is meeting another." -Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic-

Now let's move forward from the past to present. Now, I should say too many people have inspired me so much. I do adore them that I can't even stop thinking of how much I want to be them, not only like them. I envy the way how they can achieve their dreams and excel there. Sometimes they can even inspire others by not achieving anything, but simply being themselves for what they really are, being honest to themselves, being always greateful for what they have, being happy for every second of their lives.

Take a look at Bliss (Kritapas Sajjapala) from Thailand that I met in Jakarta Model United Nations (JMUN). Despite having parents who work in Thailand Embassy in Indonesia, he doesn't become a spoiled and cocky guy. He's very nice, modest, and humble to everyone. Not to mention that he is smart in his field (International Relation, apparently he follows his parents' path). One thing I always remember about him is that he talks very politely in a very good manner to everyone. I wish could talk the way he talks.

I think you should read one of my previous posts about Stevensen Eisei, an Indonesian chinese descendant from Medan who studies law in Japan (he got Scholarship from Monbukogakusho), a famous debater in Japan (and he participated in ISDC 2008 represented Northern Sumatra seemingly), and someone who can speak Indonesian, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, and apparently he studies Spanish and Italian by himself for the reason self-development. He's a funny person, very friendly to anyone, has a good taste for music, and I envy anything about him.

I've also got a list of names from Asian Medical Students' Association (AMSA), especially from AMSA International. I've met so many great and wonderful people in AMSA, especially from the two conferences I ever joined (EAMSC Singapore and AMSC Philippines 2012).

Those are just few of which I can mention about people I met that has changed my perspective about human race. And today, I just watch another incredible documentary film in TV, about an environmentalist from France that has been protecting Gibbons and some other faunas that are very near to extinction because we people keep deforesting their habitats, and some of us also chase them as pets.

This guy's name is Aurelien Brule, or "Chanee", means Gibbon in Thai.

I don't have right to tell his great story, about how much he has been in love with Gibbons since he was a child, that he even published his very own encyclopedia about Gibbons when he was 16 based on his own observation for almost 5 years. Now he maintains a Gibbon Sanctuary namely Kalaweit (means Gibbon in Dayak Language) in Borneo Island located in Pararawen National Park in Central Kalimantan.

Just read more about him: The Gibbon Guy, Aurelien Brule

There is one line from him that I like most, when he was interviewed whether he would accept the donation from Oil Palm Company:
"even if I know next week will be the end of the world, I'll still be protecting the gibbons. I'll still wake up on tomorrow's morning protecting and taking care of them. That's what I do."


No comments:

Post a Comment