Wednesday 26 October 2011

Lacking of Ideas?

And yes I have to admit that my whole life has become monotonously static; the very reason I started doing nothing but watching anime, and playing The Sims Social on Facebook. By "Ideas" I refer in the title, means either I no more update my blog with a bunch of magnificent stories, or no more feel any excitement in my daily life due to lacking of life's interesting experiences. If this were a game, supposedly I hadn't been leveled-up for so long since I gained no EXP.

I must confess that even now trying to write I make it with so many "pauses", looking for vocabularies and phrases fit in the post. As doing so, I try to brainstorm my least experienced less-than-one-year-left-adolescence for which I can share.

A very few hours ago I decided to be devoted to reading (again) the never-finished Shakespeare's one of the masterpieces, Antony and Cleopatra. It is an old book belongs to my father; he has more of Shakespeare's anyway. Probably his interest of literature really descends to me, and true it that none of my siblings show any interest to such thing. My father is also the only one who likes literature among his siblings. Speaking of which,
I still don't understand why the name of the main male character in the drama is "Antony" anyhow, not "Anthony".

I, after all, still owe myself to read another book I've borrowed from my friend, The History of God. Well, we just happen to have the same hobby which is to question about the existence of God and really desire to be able to discover -- or at least to see -- the mystery beyond human's imagination (you don't need to mention how freak this kind of hobby is). I desperately have no idea in what year I will return the book.

To fill the blank of story, I will tell the reason why I suddenly feel like reading once and for all (blatantly exaggerative mode on, and no guarantee it will be a finished-reading). To be honest, lately I have engaged in many English projects and coincidentally english reading. Probably unconsciously I then was motivated all over again to return to my origin, reading. And consciously, I realized myself how much my brain has been degraded in English skills in term of writing, reading comprehension, vocabularies and phrases understanding and usage. Besides, I also have lost my endurance and focus for reading stuffs in a long time.

It was also few hours ago I read Steve's post in his blog about Baader Meinhof Phenomenon, that reminded me to how it used to be so much fun to read and find many novel words then understand them (regardless of what Baader Meinhof Phenomenon is). Thanks to him, anyway, that now I am able to use so many novelty expressions and vocabularies in writing.

After the self-retrospection, I now attempt to encourage myself to post something again to this blog, despite of the boredom I face everyday that makes it unnecessary to share. Perhaps this time I will try to be my own inspiration, or my own idol. Quite need a struggle for self-esteem, eh?

Come to think of it, my life is not really that damn-doing-nothing. As I mentioned before that lately I have engaged in English projects, though it's just some translating jobs for AMSA-UNS Exchange Programme's brochure, making the White-Paper for EAMSC (East Asian Medical Students Conference) 2012 in Singapore, or Adjudicator Accreditation conducted by Jogja Debating Forum (I got "C", damn!). Lately in my campus there is also a big gossip regarding to someone who suffers from Histrionic Syndrome, that makes her (yes, it's a girl) to be a very inappropriate exhibitionist. I've also had fight with a girl (different girl of course) because she was too thin-skinned -- towards my words -- due to her bad-temper (hey, I was just being fair and forward about righteousness; what is right is right though nobody does it, and what is wrong is wrong though everybody does it). I know, I know, I was being an asshole idealist, just whatsoever. The thing is, life has surely become more dynamic, at least compared to what it was in the past whole year; but it's just not enough, or at least not the same as when I was in Junior High and High School.

Speaking of which (again), I feel envious towards AMSA-UNS blog that I designed myself because it's become more beautiful than my own personal blog I run. I mean, how come I rather unfavour my own property than something else? I've really had some thoughts about some new accesories to make this blog look more fabulous, but I can't find any. Just wish me luck then that I can proceed it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment