Tuesday 2 August 2011

By the end of July

Around the third and fourth weeks of July 2011, there were some surprises for me that I'd been waiting for. I know it's weird to call them as "surprise" when I say "I'd been waiting for them". The thing is, I'd already known for the news to come but I didn't expect them to happen due to my pessimism.

So, what are they?

1. I was accepted to be the member of the AMSA-INA White Paper Team for the East Asian Medical Students Conference (EAMSC) 2012 in Singapore.

To make it simpler, I will attend the EAMSC on January 2012 in Singapore because I become the team's member. Lucky for me my parents've allowed me participate in and agreed to fund me. Now I will have to work hard with my teammates to finish the White Paper because later we'll give presentation about Indonesia's Healthcare System Policy
regarding Avian Influenza in the conference.

2. I was accepted to be the delegate in Indonesia Model of United Nations (IMUN) 2011.

I'd already known that I would be accepted, but still I felt so much happy when I read the announcement. However, pity me that my parents don't want to fund me for this which means I cannot participate in although I've been accepted. They say that I've already joined so many events and a lot of money have beed costed. So I will have to let go of IMUN especially since I am going to participate in EAMSC which it will really cost a lot of money.

Now I'm very sad because I really wish I could participate in IMUN. I really want to participate in no matter what, but I don't know anymore what I have to do.

Nonetheless, beside those surprises for me, July 2011 has become the month when I officially got addicted to a dance-game-machine called "Pump It Up". Now I've reached level 6, but I will practice more so that someday I can reach high levels just like other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment